IVV-Americas is an educational not-for-profit organization created exclusively for physical fitness and promotion of public health and well-being of people through programs of non-competitive sport.
IVV-Americas is one of three continental associations of the International Federation of Popular Sports, in addition to IVV-Asia and IVV-Europe. IVV-Americas operates among the countries of the Americas, the Caribbean and the South Pacific.
- promote public health by encouraging non-competitive, family-oriented, lifetime outdoor sports activities.
- stress the fun and exhilaration of these non-competitive sports:
- walking, hiking, ‘tramping’, ‘bushwalking’, Nordic pole walking, etc.
- cycling, mountain-biking
- cross-country skiing, snow-shoeing, skating
- swimming, aqua-walking
- canoeing, kayaking, rowing
- promote peace and understanding among all peoples through friendships that develop between participants in popular sport events from different countries.
- encourage and recognize individual achievement, and
- promote environmental protection and conservation as a way to maintain a balance between the needs of popular sports and the environment.
IVV-Americas invites associations and clubs anywhere in North, Central or South America, the Caribbean, Australia, New Zealand and the many island nations [English or French-speaking] of the South Pacific to contact us about joining this new Association